trot banner

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Back in the game.

Today was my first day back to running that I actually felt like a runner.  I was able to finally go long enough to sweat despite the brisk early December weather. I was able to go long enough to really feel the cold air on my face and in my lungs. I only logged 5.5 miles, but it was the first run back that was actually worth logging. It feels great. I feel great. What a perfect way to kick off December.
And now I am happily relaxing in sweats and enjoying every minute of the afterglow of a good workout in beautiful fall weather. I was previously worried about starting back to running so late in the year, because it's hard to get motivated when the air is cold and the days are short. I am super happy that I didn't miss all of the best running weather, and even more excited that the mild temps are supposed to stick around until Thursday.
To keep my motivation high, I am following the North Face Endurance Challenge Championship that is going on out in San Fran right now.  I am continually amazed at the men and women that can pound out multiple sub 3 and sub 4 hour marathons on trails with mud and obstacles.  It's people like this that make me want to be a better runner.  Not that I'll ever be winning or even placing in races like this; but most ultra runners are everyday normal people with full time jobs and families, and what they accomplish in their "free" time is incredible.
At any rate, that is all I have for this post.  Short and sweet.  Just like my run this morning.

Cheers and happy trails,
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment