trot banner

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Direction

I did a lot of reflecting over the Holidays, and have come to the realization that my blog needs to take a new direction. I still fully intend to post on my ultra training efforts, failures, and successes. But if I am going to increase my digital footprint, I want to do it in a way that is beneficial to the trail running community at large. By doing this, I am hoping to create a beneficial trail running resource for trail and ultra runners.
To make this shift, my blog posts will begin to include trail reviews, gear reviews, and race reviews, as well as my success and failures at tweaking all aspects of my trail running such as nutrition, mileage, cross training, etc. As I continue getting back on my post-injury training cycle, I think the net effect of this shift will be two-fold. I will post more, and I will subsequently train more on the trails that drew me to ultras in the first place.
As I post more, I will slowly start categorizing and archiving my posts so that over time my blog becomes another resource for all the running geeks like myself that need to know exactly what the terrain and distance is of the trail they want to cover for their Saturday long hauls. It will hopefully also be a resource for nutrition and gear reviews, as every running geek loves gadgets.
To start getting my blog moving in the right direction I will be posting a few old race reports in the next couple days. Additionally, I hope to have something new up, perhaps a first gear or route review, by the end of the weekend.
Until then, I will say that I am happily working my mileage back up, and have just about settled on my 2013 racing calendar which should give me more than enough training to start on.
I hope everyone has a Happy, Healthy and Runderful New Year!
-Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment