trot banner

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Something bigger than running.

I've been starting to increase my mileage and generally get back into the swing of training as I gear up for the Mohican 50 Miler in OH in mid June.  (As soon as I figure out the best way to format my training plan I will post what I think is a very reasonable 50 Miler training plan as well.)  Last weekend I had a very successful double with a generally comfortable 18 miler on Saturday followed by 10 miles mostly on trails on Sunday. And today, I had perhaps my best weekday run in a month during the "Snowquester" which lacked in snow, but did give me a day to work from home and fit in a mid day run instead of a 440AM run.

However, despite my good fortune of being back to logging miles, I felt the need to do more.  Not more for my running; but more in general.  So I've signed up to be part of Team St. Jude.  My initial goal is a modest goal of raising $1,000 over the next 3 months prior to my 50 Miler for St. Jude Children's Hospital.  I genuinely hope that some of you consider making a donation on my behalf.

I chose St. Jude as a charity to run for because of their dedication to pediatric medicine and research.  Not only do they help children that are far less fortunate than myself and may never know the joy of bounding down a path on a hot summer day; but, they provide their care at no cost to the families of the patients that receive it.

Please help me reach my goal by making a donation to St. Jude through the link here.

Thanks and Happy Trails!

-Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment